There are people who like adding nuts into their brownies and others who prefer their brownies plain and smooth. I belong to the first group, and if you too like adding nuts to your brownies – you should try this recipe.
This is a gluten free version for the perfect fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth brownies, with lots of different kinds of nut inside. These honey chocolate brownies are simply SO GOOD!
Gluten Free Honey Chocolate Brownies with Nuts
For the brownies:
- 200 grams dark chocolate at least 60% cocoa solids
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) butter
- 200 grams (10 tbsp.) honey
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cornstarch
- 35 grams (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 150 grams assorted nuts coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl place butter and chocolate and melt in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add honey, sugar and salt and whisk until the mixture is uniform.
Add the eggs one at a time, stirring between additions.
Add cornstarch and almond meal and mix just until incorporated.
Add nuts and fold in gently until evenly dispersed in the batter.
Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for 18-25 minutes or until set at the margins but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature and cut into squares of desired size.
- Keep the honey chocolate brownies in a closed container at room temperature up to a week.
- The brownies can be frozen up to a month in a sealed box.
- You can use any type of nuts you prefer and combine different types.
- Instead of honey you can use maple or date syrup. Flavors will vary accordingly.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.