Just before Passover, these almond chocolate brownies are just what you need for the holiday. It’s easy to make, gluten free and so chocolate-y and fudgy. You’re going to LOVE it!
This is just the kind of brownies recipe you’ll want to save for every time you need to make dessert for someone who can’t eat gluten, but forget about it – they’re perfect for everyone 🙂
Gluten Free Almond Chocolate Brownies
For the brownies:
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 180 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Amaretto liqueur or rum
- 4 large eggs
- 100 grams (1 cup) almond meal
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
- Sliced blanched almonds
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
Put butter and chocolate in a bowl and microwave stirring occasionally until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add sugar, salt, vanilla and amaretto and beat until the mixture is smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until blended.
Add ground almonds and cornstarch and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for about 15-23 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the brownie is slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely, cut into squares and serve.
- Instead of almond meal you can be use any other type of ground nuts.
- These chocolate brownies are at their best at room temperature, but it is advisable to keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They are well kept for up to a week.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.