This bread is one of the easiest you’ll ever make, and the result is super delicious. With only a few ingredients you get a wonderful homemade bread you can freeze in a Ziploc bag.
Easy Grains Bread
450 grams all-purpose flour
300 grams spelt flour
15 grams dry active yeast
500 ml. water
1 tbsp. date-honey (or honey)
25 grams fine salt
50-100 grams sunflower seeds
50-100 grams flax seeds
Some flour for dusting
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook put all-purpose flour, spelt flour, yeast, water, salt and date-honey and knead for about 12-15 minutes, until the dough is smooth.
- Add in sunflower seeds and flax seeds and knead another 2-3 minutes until the seeds are evenly dispersed in the dough.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface, create a round shape and place in a bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled its volume.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and divide it into 2 equal parts.
- Form each part of the dough to a loaf and place on an oven pan lined with slightly floured baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 230-250c degrees. If you have a baking rock, place it on the bottom of the oven.
- Let rise at room temperature until loaves almost doubled their volume.
- Sprinkle a little flour over each loaf and make large incisions on the top using a very sharp knife.
- Baking: bake for about 12 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 190c degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Carefully (it’s boiling!) transfer the loaves over a cooling rack and cool completely at room temperature.
- The bread is best when it’s fresh, but you can freeze it (preferably sliced) in a sealed bag for up to 2 weeks.
- You can add or exclude the seeds and/or other additions you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.