If you like Dulce de Leche you should try this hazelnut Dulce de Leche cake. It’s easy to make, moist, has the greatest scent and so delicious. Definitely one of the best near a coffee cup!
Hazelnut Dulce de Leche Cake
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal
- 10 grams 2 tsp. baking powder
- 150-200 grams (5-6 heaping tablespoons) Dulce de leche
- 100 grams (1 cup) natural hazelnuts coarsely chopped
- Sugar powder for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pans.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, sour cream and oil until the mixture is smooth.
Add flour, almond meal and baking powder and beat just until incorporated.
Pour about 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of the pans.
Using a spoon, form small mounds of Dulce de Leche on the batter in each pan and then cover the top with the remaining batter.
Using a knife form a marble shape in each cake batter.
Sprinkle chopped nuts over each cake generously.
Bake the cakes for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and garnish with powdered sugar.
- You can use shredded coconut instead of almond meal.
- Keep the dulce de leche cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.
- Instead of hazelnuts you can use pecans, walnuts or almonds.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.