Ever since the first time I made these double chocolate chip cookies, they became the most popular cookies around the house. These are soft-centered chocolate chip cookies that are so easy to make, delicious and simply perfect to dip in a glass of milk.
If you like chocolate chip cookies, these are the ultra-chocolatey version of the classic. So chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth and SO GOOD!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the cookies:
- 100 grams soft butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 40 grams (3 tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 180 grams (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
- 100 grams white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, place butter, sugar, dark brown sugar and salt and mix at high speed until a uniform creamy mixture is obtained.
Scrub the edges of the bowl with a spatula and add in the egg and egg yolk.
Continue to whip at high speed for 1-2 minutes until mixed.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, and mix until large chunks of dough are formed.
Using your hands, roll walnut-size balls out of the dough and place in increments on oven-lined baking pan.
Flatten the cookies slightly and add some chocolate chips at the top of each cookie.
Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until they rise and set at the edges but are still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to two weeks.
- You can also add chopped nuts to the dough.
- Instead of chocolate chips you can chop dark and white chocolate into pieces.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.