If you like cookies and cream, you’re going to LOVE this cookies and cream cheesecake! Baked fluffy cheesecake with Oreo crust and whipped cream. Perfect for Shavuot!
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 100 grams plain biscuits or graham crackers
- 100 grams Oreos
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) melted butter
For the cheese filling:
- 6 large eggs separated
- 500 grams (2 cups) white cheese 9% fat – or ricotta cheese
- 210 grams (1 cup) cream cheese
- 400 ml. (2 cups) sour cream
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cornstarch
- 30 grams (3 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
For the cream:
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Crushed Oreo cookies for decoration
Crust: preheat oven to 180c degrees and grease the pan.
In a food processor grind biscuits and Oreos until you get a fine powder. Add cocoa and melted butter and mix until the mixture is moist.
Pour the mixture into the bottom of the pan and press tightly to create a flat base.
Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool slightly at room temperature.
Reduce the oven temperature to 150c degrees.
Cheese filling: in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, white cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, flour and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
In a mixer bowl, whip egg whites until whitish foam begins to form. Gradually add the sugar while whipping, and continue to whip until soft and flexible meringue forms.
Fold the meringue into the cheese mixture gently until you get a smooth batter.
Pour the cheese filling over the base and bake for 60-75 minutes or until the cake is golden on top, and slightly shuddering at the center. During baking, the cake will be amortized over the height of the pan, but after cooling it returns to the original height.
Open the oven door after baking and leave the cake inside for an hour.
Cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 5-6 hours (preferably overnight).
Cream: in a bowl of a mixer, whip cream, sugar, stabilizer and vanilla until you get very stable cream.
Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe small mounds of cream on top of the cake.
Garnish with crushed Oreos and serve.
- Keep the cookies and cream cheesecake in the refrigerator in a closed container for up to one week.
- It is recommended to make the cake a day or even two days in advance before serving.
- You can also decorate the cake with grated chocolate.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.