As someone who usually prefers a sweet breakfast, muffins are my “go-to” recipe whenever I need to make a quick-yet-delicious sweet breakfast to go. These almond muffins are soft, fragrant and delicious. They’re easy to make and also combine coffee and coconut for added texture and aroma.
Coffee, Coconut and Almond Muffins
100 grams soft butter
100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
150 ml. coconut milk
60 ml. freshly roasted expresso
140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
50 grams (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. baking powder
50 grams almonds, coarsely chopped
Icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs one-by-one, while mixing between each addition, until mixture is smooth.
- Add coconut milk and espresso and mix on low speed.
- Add flour, coconut and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
- Fill the pan with the batter.
- Sprinkle over the muffin tops some chopped almonds.
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the almond muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, but you should serve at room temperature.
- Instead of almonds you can use any other nut you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.