You could say I’m addicted to coffee. I drink 2-3 cups a day, and I just LOVE using coffee in desserts.
These truffles are made with dark and milk chocolate, espresso and some Frangelico liqueur. They’re easy to make, gluten free and perfect for hosting.
Coffee, Hazelnut and Frangelico Truffles
40-50 small truffles
125 ml. heavy cream
20 grams glucose or corn syrup
30 ml. expresso
250 grams dark chocolate, chopped
100 grams milk chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp. Frangelico liqueur (or brandy)
75 grams hazelnuts, chopped
Finely chopped hazelnuts
- In a small pan heat cream, glucose and espresso to simmering point.
- Add in milk and dark chocolate, wait a minute, and beat well until you get a shiny chocolate ganache.
- Add the Frangelico and nuts and mix well.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and dip in chopped nuts.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Keep the truffles in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- You can freeze the truffles in a sealed box for up to a month.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of hazelnuts.
- You can use honey instead of glucose or corn syrup.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.