You could say I’m addicted to coffee. I drink 2-3 cups a day, and I just LOVE using coffee in desserts, cakes and whenever I have the chance to add it to the sweets I made..
These chocolate truffles are made with dark and milk chocolate, espresso and Frangelico liqueur, all coated with chopped roasted hazelnuts. They’re easy to make, gluten free and perfect for hosting.
Coffee Chocolate Truffles with Hazelnuts
Servings 40 small chocolate truffles
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 20 grams (1 tbsp.) glucose or corn syrup
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) espresso
- 250 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 100 grams milk chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp. Frangelico liqueur or brandy
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) hazelnuts chopped
- Finely chopped hazelnuts
In a small pan heat cream, glucose and espresso to simmering point.
Add in milk and dark chocolate, wait a minute, and beat well until you get a shiny chocolate ganache.
Add the Frangelico and nuts and mix well.
Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Roll the mixture into small balls and dip in chopped nuts.
Serve at room temperature.
- Keep the chocolate truffles in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to a week.
- You can freeze the truffles in a sealed box for up to a month.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of hazelnuts.
- You can use honey instead of glucose or corn syrup.