One of my favorite flavors combination is coffee and chocolate. I can’t really decide whether I prefer white or dark chocolate with my coffee – both simply make a delicious combo.
These coffee brownies combine all three of them – dark chocolate brownies with coffee and white chocolate chips. They are so easy to make, chocolatey, rich, melt in your mouth and simply perfect for hosting!
Coffee Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
For the coffee brownies:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) espresso
- 1 tbsp. coffee liqueur
- Pinch of salt
- 120 grams (about 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
In a large bowl put dark chocolate and butter and melt in a microwave or over double boiler.
Add the sugar and beat well.
Add the eggs one at a time, whisking between additions, than add espresso, liqueur and salt and beat until mixture is smooth.
Sift in the flour and fold in gently using a spatula until incorporated.
Add chocolate chips and stir until disperse in the batter.
Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and flatten the top.
Bake for about 20-24 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is still a bit soft.
Cool completely at room temperature, but into squares and serve.
- Instead of chocolate chips you can use chopped nuts.
- If you do not have an espresso machine you can prepare coffee extract by mixing a tablespoon of instant coffee (preferably granulated) with 3-4 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Keep the brownies in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
- The brownies can be frozen for up to a month.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.