Fruit tart is one of my favorite desserts in the summer. This fruit tart is filled with baked coconut and lime cream, topped with refreshing yogurt cream, and decorated with fresh colorful summer fruits. So yummy and will make everyone say WOW!
Fruit Tart with Yogurt Cream, Coconut and Lime
Servings 24 cm round tart pan
For short crust pastry:
- 150 grams (1 cup + 1 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold butter cut into cubes
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. cold milk as needed
For coconut and lime cream:
- 100 grams (1 cup) grated coconut
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) butter cut into cubes
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
For yogurt cream:
- 200 ml. (1 cup) natural plain yogurt 3% fat
- 250 ml. (1 cup) cold heavy cream
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) sugar powder
- 1 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 sliced nectarines
- 1 diced mango
- Halved green and red grapes
- Fresh cherries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 tbsp. natural nappage or apricot jam
- 1-2 tbsp. boiling water
Crust: in a food processor with a steel blade put flour, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and process until mixture is crumbly.
Gradually add milk and blend just until large clumps of dough form.
Transfer the dough chunks on a lightly floured work surface and form a disc-shape with your hands.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
Roll out the dough on a floured work surface about 3-4 mm thick and line the pie pan. It is important to create a right angle between the sides and the base of the crust, which will ensure the edges remain high when baking.
Using a fork create holes in the crust. Freeze the crust for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Blind baking: put a sheet of heat-resistant plastic wrap or baking paper on the frozen crust and fill with dry beans or special weights for baking.
Bake for about 12-14 minutes.
Remove the weights and the plastic wrap and continue to bake the crust for about 3-4 minutes or until it is very lightly golden.
Cool at room temperature.
Coconut and lime cream: in a food processor with a steel blade blend coconut, butter, sugar, lime zest and juice and flour until mixture is lumpy.
Add egg and milk and continue to blend until you get a very thick cream.
Transfer the cream into half-baked crust and flatten gently into a thin layer.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cream is set on the edges, slightly browned but still slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely before decoration.
Yogurt cream: in a mixer bowl whip yogurt, cream, powdered sugar, stabilizer and vanilla to a very stable cream.
Pour the yogurt cream over the baked tart and level the top.
Arrange fruits on top.
Mix nappage and water and gently brush the fruits. Serve.
- This fruit tart is at its best on the day of preparation, but you can keep it in a closed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 fays.
- You can use any kind of fruit you like.