If you like dried blueberries, you have to try these blueberry coconut bars! They are so delicious, and combines dried blueberries with coconut, that both create such a great and easy to make treat – perfect with a cup of coffee.
Blueberry Coconut Bars
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) melted butter see notes for nondairy version
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. milk or water
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 100 grams dried blueberries
- 30-40 grams coconut chips for decoration optional
- Sugar powder for decoration
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
In the bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and milk until combined.
Add flour, coconut and baking powder and mix until uniform.
Add blueberries and stir until assimilated in the batter.
Pour the batter into the pan and straighten the top. Sprinkle coconut chips for decoration.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Cool completely at room temperature, cut into squares of desired size and serve with powdered sugar.
- Keep the bars in a closed container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Instead of blueberries, you can use any other dried fruit you like (cranberries or raisins are great as well).
- Instead of coconut you can use ground almonds. The taste will change accordingly.
- Nondairy version: use 1/2 cup vegetable oil instead of butter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.