Cinnamon rolls are my top favorite pastry of all time. It goes perfectly next to my coffee cup on the weekends (I wish I could eat it every day though!), and I simply love cinnamon.
These cinnamon rolls combine crunchy pecans and maple glaze, creating a delicious breakfast idea – cinnamon, pecan and maple rolls. The scent that’s spreading all over the house while baking is just incredible, and you won’t be able to resist it!
Cinnamon Rolls with Maple and Pecans
Servings 12 cinnamon rolls
For the dough:
- 500 grams (3 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 grams (1 tbsp.) active dry yeast
- 125 grams (1 stick) soft butter
- 150 ml. (3/4 cup) sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
For cinnamon and pecan filling:
- 100 grams (1 stick minus 1 tbsp.) soft butter
- 200 grams (1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
For maple glaze:
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) sugar
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 60 ml. (1/4 cup) water
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
Dough: in a bowl of a mixer with a dough-hook put flour, sugar, salt, yeast, butter, sour cream, vanilla and eggs and knead for about 10 minutes until dough is slightly sticky.
Cover and let rise until doubled in volume.
Cinnamon and pecan filling: whisk soft butter, sugar and cinnamon into a smooth mixture.
Roll out the dough into a 1-2 cm thick rectangle.
Spread the filling evenly in a thin layer.
Sprinkle over the chopped pecans.
Roll the dough into a tight roulade.
Cut to 12-15 equal parts.
Transfer the pastries into a lightly greased muffin pan.
Cover and let rise for about an hour or until almost doubled in volume.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Gently crush the pastries with egg.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set.
Maple glaze: in a small pot put sugar, maple and water and bring to a boil.
Brush the pastries generously with the glaze.
Cool for 15 minutes at room temperature and serve warm.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of pecans.
- Keep the cinnamon rolls in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. It is recommended to warm it before serving.