Maple and cinnamon are a match made in heaven; the sweetness of the maple is the ultimate match for the cinnamon’s wonderful aroma. Both of them create together a delicious blend of flavors, that is simply perfect for Fall. This cinnamon maple cake is a celebration of these two flavors, and has become one of the most addictive pound cakes I made recently.
Just in time for Rosh Hashana and the beginning of the new Jewish year, this cinnamon maple cake is such a great idea for a delicious dessert with a cup of coffee or tea. It’s easy to make and requires only one bowl and a whisk. You can also prepare the recipe in a muffin pan to get individual cinnamon maple cakes easily.
Cinnamon Maple cake
For the cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 150 grams of sugar
- 200 ml. sour cream see notes for dairy free version
- 125 ml. vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 210 grams all-purpose flour
- 10 grams of baking powder
- 75 grams of walnuts or broken almonds
For the glaze:
- 120 grams maple syrup
Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, salt, cinnamon and vanilla until a uniform mixture is obtained.
Add flour and baking powder and whisk only until smooth.
Pour the batter into the cake pans and straighten the top.
Sprinkle nuts at the top of the cakes.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cakes are swollen, golden, firm and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Pour on the maple over the cakes as they are still warm and allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- The cake is kept in a closed container in the fridge for up to a week. Serving at room temperature is recommended.
- The recipe can also be prepared in a 24 cm round cake pan.
- Instead of walnuts or almonds you can use any kind of nuts you like.
- Dairy free version: instead of sour cream you can use coconut cream in the same amount.
- It is important to use natural maple for a particularly tasty result.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.