If you like Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream – I’m sure you’re gonna love these brownie bars, that are some king of homage to the popular ice cream bucket. Chocolate and banana fudge brownies topped with cream, walnuts and chopped chocolate. Yum!
Chunky Monkey Brownies: Fudge Brownies with Banana and Walnut
20*20 cm square pan
200 grams dark chocolate
150 grams butter
150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
1/4 tsp. fine salt
3 large eggs at room temperature
100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour (see notes for gluten free version)
50 grams ground walnuts
1 large ripe banana, cut into cubes
100 grams dark chocolate
125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
250 ml. (1 cup) heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar powder
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl. Add butter and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler.
- Add in sugar and salt and beat well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat between additions.
- Add flour and ground nuts and mix just until incorporated.
- Add diced banana cubes and mix until they are evenly dispersed in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly damp and the center of the brownie is still soft.
- Cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Chocolate coating: chop the chocolate and put in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream until simmering point.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate, wait a minute, and beat until you get a uniform and shiny chocolate ganache.
- Pour the ganache over the brownie.
- Cool the brownie for about 2-3 hours in the refrigerator until it is completely set.
- Cut the brownie into rectangles (I cut a total of about 12 rectangles) and refrigerate until decoration.
- Cream: in a bowl of a mixer whip cream and icing sugar until you get a very stable whipped cream.
- Transfer the whipped cream with a pastry bag fitted with a 1cm round piping tip and mounds of cream on top of each brownie.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and chopped nuts and serve.
- Gluten free version: instead of using flour, use 50 grams ground almonds and 50 grams cornstarch.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of walnuts.
- Keep the Brownie in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.