Although I’m not a huge fan of deep-frying at home, it’s simply hard to resist donuts that just came out of the pan.
This is my favorite recipe to donuts, which is perfect for hosting and birthday parties. It’s topped with dark and white chocolate and Sprinkles, and is so good served hot.
Chocolate and Sprinkles Donuts
20 small donuts about 7-8 cm in diameter
For the dough:
350 grams all-purpose flour
8 grams active dry yeast
1 large egg
50 grams sugar
175 ml. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
40 grams soft butter
100 grams melted dark chocolate
100 grams melted white chocolate
Crushed cocoa beans
- Dough: in bowl of a mixer with a dough hook put flour, yeast, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and butter and knead for 10-12 minutes until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Cover the bowl and let rise for 1-2 hours or until the dough doubles in volume.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough about 2 cm thick.
- Cut into 7-8 cm in diameter circles and cut out an inner circle about 2-3 cm in diameter.
- Place the donuts on a greased baking paper.
- Roll the inner circles cut (the holes) and place on the paper as well.
- Brush the donuts with a little oil on top, cover and let rise until almost double the volume.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil to 180c degrees.
- Fry the donuts for about 1-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The donut holes may take shorter time of frying.
- Strain and cool.
- Coating: dip the top of each donut in melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles and/or crushed cocoa beans.
- Serve the donuts as much as possible close to frying. They are at their best on the day of preparation.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.