There’s nothing like good chocolate cupcakes and sprinkles to celebrate your birthday. These cupcakes are so easy to make (no mixer is needed) and has chocolate ganache and sprinkles on top – everyone’s all-time favorite!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Funfetti
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 3 large eggs
- 300 grams (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 200 grams (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 400 grams (2 cups) sour cream
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 50-100 grams chocolate chips
For the chocolate ganache:
- 100 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- Sprinkles for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees grease a muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until blended.
Add oil and sour cream and beat until smooth.
Sift in cocoa, flour and baking powder and beat just until mixture is smooth.
Transfer the mixture into the pan fill up to about 3/4 of the edge of the hole.
Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over each cake.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool at room temperature.
Chocolate ganache: in a small bowl put chopped chocolate and heavy cream and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler until you get a shiny chocolate ganache.
Dip the top of each cake with chocolate, decorate with Sprinkles and serve.
- You can make the recipe in one 22-24 cm round pan. The baking time will be extended to 35-45 minutes.
- Keep the cupcakes in a sealed container in the refrigerator, but it is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Add the Sprinkles just before serving.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.