New York cheesecake is one my favorite cakes in the world. The melt-in-your-mouth creamy texture of the filling is simply divine to my taste, and this is simply one cake I truly can’t resist. In recent years I have discovered that cheesecakes are one of the most popular desserts in the world, which simply EVERYONE love, so every time I make cheesecake, it makes everyone around me so happy.
This next cheesecake was thought of as a kind of desire to combine two delicious childhood nostalgic treats – New York cheesecake and chocolate snowballs. This is a chocolate snowballs cheesecake with shiny chocolate frosting. The crust is made of biscuits or graham crackers that are enriched with cocoa powder and butter, and the filling is super creamy, dense and delicious with some dripping chocolate frosting at the top and pf course – chocolate snowballs.
This cheesecake is very easy to prepare, does not require any whipping or separating eggs, and simply excellent. People who love chocolate and cheesecake together will simply fall in love with this chocolate snowballs cheesecake, and kids will love it too!
Chocolate Snowballs Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 120 grams plain vanilla biscuits or Graham Crackers
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- 60 grams (1/2 stick) melted butter
For the cheesecake filling:
- 550 grams (2 ½ cups) cream cheese 30% fat
- 400 grams (2 cups) sour cream
- 200 grams (1 cup) white sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 30 grams (3 tbsp.) cornstarch
For the chocolate frosting:
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- Chocolate snowballs
In a food processor with a steel blade, grind together biscuits, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar into thin powder.
Add melted butter and mix until moist crumble mixture is obtained.
Transfer the crumbs to the bottom of a baking pan and tighten it to the base and a little bit to the sides of the pan.
Freezer for about 15 minutes until the cheesecake filling is ready.
In a large bowl, put cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla and add mix to a uniform mixture.
Add the eggs one after the other, mixing between additions.
Add cornstarch and stir until uniform.
Pour the cheese filling over the frozen crust.
Preheat the oven to 160c degrees (without a fan).
Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes or until small cracks are formed on the edges of the cake and it vibrates slightly in the center.
Turn off the oven and cool the cake for about an hour in it.
Transfer the cake for total cooling overnight in the refrigerator in a closed container.
In a bowl, put chocolate and cream and melt together in a microwave or over double-boiler. Mix well until you get a uniform shiny chocolate ganache.
Cool the ganache for about half an hour at room temperature and pour over the top of the cake so that it drips slightly to the edges.
Decorate with chocolate snowballs and serve.
- The cake is kept in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Instead of making chocolate snowballs you can also decorate with Ferrero Rocher or any other chocolate candy you like.
- It is important to use cream cheese with at least 25% fat for a good result in terms of the texture of the filling.
- Make the chocolate snowballs according to this recipe.