The following recipe is for one of my top favorite chocolate chip cookies – with a twist! Not only chocolate chip cookies, but also pistachios and sea salt – all together make these perfect chocolate chip cookies that are so delicious and addictive. You gotta try it!
Chocolate, Pistachio and Sea Salt Cookies
- Based on a recipe from Joy the Baker with my changes and adjustments.
100 grams (1 stick) soft butter
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
100 grams (1/2 packed cup) dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp. fine salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
175 (1 1/4 cups) grams all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
100 grams (1 cup) natural pistachios, coarsely chopped
150 grams (1 1/2 cups) dark chocolate chips
50 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
Atlantic sea salt for decoration
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and continue to blend the mixture until it is absorbed.
- Add flour, baking soda, pistachios, dark and milk chocolate chips and blend just until slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons create small mounds of dough and put on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Keep about 3-4 cm margin between the cookies. Gently flatten the top of the cookies with your hands.
- Sprinkle a bit of Atlantic sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until cookies get golden brown and set.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the chocolate chip cookies in a sealed jar at room temperature for up to a week.
- Instead of pistachios you can use any other type of nut you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.