In this heat wave I simply can’t bring myself to make something that is more complicated than mixing a few ingredients in a bowl and sending it to the oven.
These olive oil chocolate muffins are so easy to make and are so chocolate-y and fudgy. I added some olive oil which makes them so moist and gives them a great fragrant you just won’t be able to resist. 10 minutes of work (tops!) – And it’s yours.
Olive Oil Chocolate Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream (see notes for nondairy version)
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) milk (see notes for nondairy version)
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170c degrees and arrange paper cups in a muffin pan.
In a bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, sugar, salt and coffee until you get a uniform mixture.
Add flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix until combined.
Add 3/4 of the chocolate chip and mix until evenly dispersed in the batter.
Fill the muffin pan about 3/4 of each outlet height.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips at the top of each muffin.
Bake the muffins for 15-25 minutes or until set and fully baked.
Cool completely at room temperature and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Nondairy version: Use soy milk in the same amount instead of the sour cream and milk (a total of 325 ml. soy milk).
- You can use milk of white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.