In this heat wave I simply can’t bring myself to make something that is more complicated than mixing a few ingredients in a bowl and sending it to the oven.
These olive oil chocolate muffins are so easy to make and are so chocolate-y and fudgy. I added some olive oil which makes them so moist and gives them a great fragrant you just won’t be able to resist. 10 minutes of work (tops!) – And it’s yours.
Olive Oil Chocolate Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream (see notes for nondairy version)
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) milk (see notes for nondairy version)
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 170c degrees and arrange paper cups in a muffin pan.
In a bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, sugar, salt and coffee until you get a uniform mixture.
Add flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix until combined.
Add 3/4 of the chocolate chip and mix until evenly dispersed in the batter.
Fill the muffin pan about 3/4 of each outlet height.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips at the top of each muffin.
Bake the muffins for 15-25 minutes or until set and fully baked.
Cool completely at room temperature and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Nondairy version: Use soy milk in the same amount instead of the sour cream and milk (a total of 325 ml. soy milk).
- You can use milk of white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.