Even though I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day (I don’t believe people need a special day to show how much they love each other – I prefer to do it on a daily basis), it’s nice to have an excuse to bake something romantic for the man I love.
These mini brownies are super fudgy and rich, and are topped with a generous mound of mascarpone cream and fresh strawberries. It’s easy to make and is a great dessert for a Valentine’s Day romantic dinner for two.
Mini Brownies with Strawberry and Mascarpone
For the mini brownies:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) butter
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) cornstarch
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
For mascarpone cream:
- 125 grams (1 pack) mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) sugar powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12-15 strawberries cut into quarters
- Crushed cocoa beans
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and generously butter a mini muffin pan.
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
Add butter and solvent together in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add salt and sugar and beat until smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time, stirring between additions until incorporated.
Add cornstarch, cocoa powder and chocolate chips and whisk until combined.
Pour the batter into the pan and fill about 3/4 of its height.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until brownies swell slightly, crack a little on top, but still soft in the center.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Mascarpone cream: in a bowl of a mixer place mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla and beat on high speed until creamy and very stable.
Transfer the cream into a pastry bag fitted with 2 cm round piping tip and drizzle mounds og cream over each mini brownie.
Decorate with strawberries and crushed cocoa beans and serve.
- Brownies at their best on the day of preparation, but you can keep it in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Instead of strawberries you can use raspberries or cherries.
- Instead of cocoa beans you can decorate with chopped dark chocolate or mini chocolate chips.
- Ground cocoa beans can be bought in baking specialty stores for products and ingredients.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.