Chocolate muffins are one of my top favorite desserts to make when I don’t have a lot of time. It’s quick and easy, and always a good idea for hosting or as a sweet treat next to a coffee cup.
These chocolate muffins combine also coconut and hazelnuts with a shiny chocolate frosting, and are so delicious and all-time favorites.
Hazelnut and Coconut Chocolate Muffins
For the chocolate muffins:
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) coconut milk
- 45 ml. (3 tbsp.) water
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) ground coconut
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) ground hazelnuts
For chocolate ganache:
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- shredded coconut
- caramelized shredded nuts
Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease a muffin pan.
Chop the chocolate and place in a bowl. Melt in the microwave or over double boiler until melted.
Add oil, sugar and salt and beat into a smooth mixture.
Add eggs, coconut milk and water and beat until you get a smooth and light mixture.
Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, coconut and ground nuts and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the ports. Fill about 2/3 of each socket.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are set and toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool to room temperature.
Chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and place in a bowl. Add heavy cream and melt together in the microwave or over double boiler until everything is melted and mixture is smooth.
Pour about 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate ganache on top of each muffin, and smooth evenly.
Garnish with shredded coconut and nuts and serve.
- These chocolate muffins are at their best at room temperature.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.