I love crunchy sugar cookies, and this following recipe is one of the best to my taste. These chocolate sugar cookies recipe combines chocolate and hazelnut in buttery and crumbly cookies that are absolutely addictive and so good.
Chocolate Sugar Cookies with Hazelnuts
For the cookies:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 30 ml. (2 tbsp.) milk
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 100 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 100 grams chopped hazelnuts
- 1 large egg white
- Light brown sugar
In a bowl of a mixer with a paddle-attachment put butter, sugar, vanilla and salt and blend at high speed until the mixture is creamy, airy and soft.
Scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula, and add the egg yolks one at a time, while mixing between additions.
Add milk and continue to blend until smooth.
Add flour, cocoa, chocolate and nuts and mix until the large chunks of dough are formed.
Transfer the dough on a lightly floured work surface and unite together.
Divide into 3 parts.
Form each part of the dough into a tight cylinder shape.
Put the rolls of dough on a tray and chill in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
Brush the rolls with some egg white and cover in light brown sugar.
Cut into 1/2 cm thick cookies and put on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
Bake the cookies for about 10-13 minutes or until set.
Cool completely and serve.
- You can use any other kind of nut you like instead of hazelnuts.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to two weeks.
- It is important to chop the chocolate and nuts relatively thin (but not really a powder).
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.