I try to eat healthy whenever I can and keep my lifestyle active as much as possible. It’s one of the main changes in my life over the past few years, and I can tell you it actually works. I feel more energized eating healthy and working out.
Eating healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean I can’t eat snacks or indulge on some chocolate cake from time to time. The key is to keep it balanced, not avoiding anything and tagging food as “good” or “bad”, but allow myself to intuitively know what’s gonna make me feel better.
This chocolate granola is a great healthy-yet-sweet breakfast I like to have on the weekends. It’s delicious, healthy and perfect with some fresh natural yogurt or milk and fruit.
Chocolate Granola with Coconut and Almonds
For the chocolate granola:
- 240 grams of whole oats
- 175 grams sliced blanched almonds
- 70 grams coconut
- 70 grams dark brown sugar
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 90 grams honey or maple syrup
- 50 ml. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- Preheat oven to 130c degrees.
- In a large bowl mix oats, almonds and coconut.
- Put sugar, cocoa powder, honey, oil, cinnamon and salt in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Add the syrup to the dry ingredients mixture and stir until everything is blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about an hour and a half, but make sure to mix the granola every 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in a sealed container.
- Granola is kept in a sealed container well until week.
- You can add nuts, dried fruits, chopped chocolate or anything else you like to the granola once it’s done.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh or dried fruits.