This praline chocolate cake is enriched with coffee and praline, and is easy to make, festive and great for a birthday celebration. The added coffee whipped cream at the top makes it super festive and perfect for any special occasion.
If you like coffee and chocolate as much as I do – you’re going to love this delicious praline chocolate cake. You won’t believe how easy it is to make too!
Praline Chocolate Cake with Coffee Whipped Cream
20-22 cm round cake pan
For the praline chocolate cake:
250 grams dark chocolate
200 grams butter
4 large eggs
200 grams sugar
1 tbsp. praline powder
1 tsp. instant ground coffee
1/4 tsp. fine salt
140 grams all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
For the cream:
250 ml. heavy cream
1 tsp. cream stabilizer or instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
1 tbsp. sugar powder
100 grams grated dark chocolate
Dark chocolate crunchy pearls
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl melt chocolate and butter in the microwave or over double-boiler.
- In a mixer bowl whip eggs, sugar, praline powder, instant coffee and salt at high speed for about 5-6 minutes, until you get a soft, shiny and very stable mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped eggs and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and continue to fold just until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and level the top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Cream: in a bowl of a mixer whip cream, stabilizer, coffee and powdered sugar until you get a stable whipped cream.
- Coat the cake with whipped cream on the sides and pipe small mounds over the top (using a piping bag with round piping tip).
- Decorate the edges of the cakes with chopped chocolate cake and top with dark chocolate crunchy pearls.
- Keep the cake in the fridge, but you should take it out to room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Gluten-free version: use 75 grams cornstarch and 65 grams of almond meal instead of flour in the cake.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.