Whenever I’m in a hurry in the morning, I like having 1-2 muffins in the freezer, heat them and take it on the go, instead of skipping breakfast.
These chocolate chip muffins are made with chocolate chips, berries and yogurt, and are easy to make, delicious and great as a sweet breakfast.
Chocolate Chip Muffins with Yogurt and Berries
Servings 10 chocolate chip muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 125 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
- 125 ml. (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 200 ml. (1 cup) natural yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 150 grams frozen or fresh berries
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease a muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, vanilla and salt to a smooth mixture.
Sift in flour and baking powder and stir gently until mixture is almost smooth.
Add berries and chocolate and continue folding just until incorporated. The mixture is very thick and it is fine.
Fill the pan with the batter.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and extracting from the pan.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Keep the chocolate chip muffins in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
- Serve these chocolate chip muffins warm or at room temperature rather than cold.
- You can use white or milk chocolate chips.