When Omer came to bake with me a few weeks ago, not only we made these amazing energy bars with peanut butter, but also this following recipe; chocolate chip cookie brownies. The number of requests that I got for this recipe after posting an Instagram Story from our baking session was enormous, so finally I just had to post the recipe already.
So, here it is – chocolate chip cookie brownies! They are made of a delicious fudge brownie bottom topped with giant buttery chocolate chip cookie, cut into square after cooling down. If sometimes you do not know if you want brownie or cookies – that’s the recipe for you. A gorgeous combination of textures and flavors in chocolatey bars of heaven. Are you still here? 😉
Click here for more delicious brownies recipes >>
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
20*20 cm square pan
For the brownie bottom:
200 grams of dark chocolate
150 grams of butter
3 large eggs
150 grams of sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
75 grams of all-purpose flour
For the chocolate chip cookie:
50 grams of soft butter
100 grams of sugar
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
125 ml. of milk
200 grams of all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
100 grams of chocolate chips
50 grams of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees and grease the baking pan.
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl. Add butter and melt together in a microwave oven double steam pot until everything is melted and mixed.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the eggs gradually and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour and mix only until uniform.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and straighten the top.
- Bake the brownie bottom for 15-20 minutes or until it is stable at the edges but still slightly soft in the center.
- Cool slightly at room temperature.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer:
- In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, put butter, sugar, salt and vanilla and mix at medium to high speed until a uniform creamy mixture is obtained.
- Add yolk and milk and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix until somewhat sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough over the baked brownie layer and straighten to a uniform layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips at the top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the cookie layer turns golden.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Cut into squares of the desired size and serve.
- Keep the brownies in a closed container for up to a week.
- It is recommended to serve at room temperature.
- Instead of chocolate chips you can use chopped chocolate – dark, milk or white (or combine the three).
- It is possible to freeze the brownies in a sealed container for up to one month.