These chocolate lava cakes are one of my favorite desserts. It’s so easy to make, chocolate-y as can be, decadent and simply delicious. The kind of dessert you just can’t go wrong with and everyone is gonna love it.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
For the cakes:
- 125 grams (1 stick) butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate 53% cocoa solids
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 80 grams (8 tbsp.) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. brandy
- 25 grams (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour see notes for gluten-free version
- Sugar powder for serving
Grease the molds and sprinkle a little sugar coating the bottom and sides.
Preheat oven to 180c degrees.
Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave or over double boiler.
In a mixer bowl whip egg, egg yolks, sugar, salt and brandy and on high speed until the mixture is fluffy and airy.
Add egg mixture into the melted chocolate and fold gently until blended.
Add the flour and stir just until incorporated.
Divide the mixture between the molds.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or slightly swollen in the middle, set at the edges but still soft in the center. Beware of over-baking, which may cause the cakes to be less soft inside.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- You can prepare the batter about 1-2 days before baking and keep in the refrigerator.
- Serve the chocolate lava cakes immediately.
- Gluten-free version: use cornstarch instead of flour.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.