These gluten free cakes are a great treat for everyone who likes bananas and almond. They are beautiful and so delicious!
Chocolate, banana and almond individual cakes
For almond dacquoise:
4 large egg whites
Pinch of salt
40 grams sugar
125 grams almond meal
100 grams sugar powder
20-30 grams crushed cocoa beans
A little powdered sugar for dusting
For chocolate cream:
150 grams dark chocolate
250 ml. heavy cream
For caramelized bananas:
2 large bananas
40 grams sugar
10 grams butter
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
For vanilla Chantilly cream:
375 ml. heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar powder
1 tsp. cream stabilizer or instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Almond dacquoise: preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- Arrange the baking rings (7 cm in diameter) on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Do not grease it in any way.
- In a bowl of a mixer whip egg whites and salt until pale foam begins to form.
- Gradually add the sugar while whipping, and continue beating at high speed until a stable meringue forms.
- Add in almond meal and sugar powder and fold in gently but firmly with a spatula until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag with 1 cm round piping tip and pipe inside each ring spiral shape on the base, and small dense droplets on the sides.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar and crushed cocoa beans on top and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Cool slightly at room temperature, then transfer to the freezer.
- Using a sharp small knife, go through and around the sides of the baking rings to extract the base of the molds.
- Chocolate cream: chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
- Heat the cream almost to a boil, pour over the chocolate. Wait a minute and beat well until the mixture is shiny and smooth ganache is obtained.
- Cool the ganache in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until it is completely cold.
- Whip the ganache in until stable and creamy.
- With a spoon fill the center of the baked dacquoise bases and flatten the top.
- Caramelized bananas: cut the bananas into slices about 1 cm thick.
- In a medium pan put sugar and form caramel.
- Add bananas, butter, juice, salt and vanilla and stir gently.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until banana are slightly soft and coated in caramel.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Put about 2-3 slices of banana over chocolate cream in each cake.
- Vanilla Chantilly cream: in a bowl of a mixer whip cream, sugar powder, stabilizer and vanilla until you get very stable cream is formed.
- Transfer the whipped cream into a piping bag with a serrated 2-3 cm piping tip. Drizzle generous mound of cream over each cake.
- Decorate with chocolate sheets and garnish with cocoa powder.
- Keep desserts in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
- Instead of almonds you can use other types of nuts.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.