As chocolate and peanut butter addict, I tend to combine both of these ingredients in my recipes quite often. I only “discovered” peanut butter in my 20’s, and never really had any childhood memory concerning peanut butter, but after the first taste I simply fell in love.
These chocolate and peanut butter brownies are one of the recipes I make over and over again, and I often have a batch of these in the fridge. I like how the saltiness of the peanut butter combine with the sweetness of the chocolate and add some chopped peanuts that make them a little crunchy.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies
For the brownies:
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 175 grams (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 20 grams (2 tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- some chopped peanuts for decoration
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
In a large bowl melt dark chocolate and butter in a microwave or over double-boiler.
Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt and whisk until mixture.
Sift in flour and fold in gently using a spatula, just until incorporated.
Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and flatten the top.
Create small mounds of peanut butter over the brownie using a spoon, and then make a marble form with a knife.
Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Bake the brownies for about 20 minutes or until set on the edges but slightly soft in the center.
Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Keep the brownies in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week, but you can also freeze until a month and a half.
- You can use smooth or chunky peanut butter according to personal taste.