If you like Bounty bars, you’re going to fall in love with these chocolate and coconut ice cream bars! These bars make the ultimate summer treat – crispy chocolate coating on the outside, easy creamy coconut ice cream on the inside. Simply one off the most delicious desserts you can make in these hot summer days.
I love chocolate and coconut so much – this is absolutely a match made in heaven, flavors-wise. The coconut combines perfectly with chocolate, and they both make a delicious combo. These bars are easy to make, and with only a few ingredients (no eggs or ice cream machine) you get a wonderful summer dessert that’s also super additive (so be careful 😉).
Chocolate and Coconut Ice Cream Bars
12 large bars (10 * 3 cm each)
For coconut ice cream:
250 ml. whipping cream, very cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of amaretto
200 grams sweetened condensed milk
100 grams ground coconut
For chocolate coating:
300 grams of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon oil
50 grams of melted white chocolate
Coconut ice cream:
- In a mixer bowl whip cream, vanilla and amaretto until you get a very firm whipped cream.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and gently fold until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the silicon pan and straighten the top of each dent.
- Freeze for at least 5-6 hours until total stabilization.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over double steam pot. Add oil and stir well.
- Remove the ice cream bars from the pan.
- Quickly and gently dip the frozen ice cream bars in the melted chocolate and place it on top of a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Freeze for about an hour for total stabilization.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave or over double steam pot.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle thin strips at the top of the ice cream bars.
- Serve frozen.
- Keep the bars in a closed container in the freezer for up to one month.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk or white chocolate for coating.