If you like Bounty bars, you’re going to fall in love with these chocolate and coconut ice cream bars! These bars make the ultimate summer treat – crispy chocolate coating on the outside, easy creamy coconut ice cream on the inside. Simply one off the most delicious desserts you can make in these hot summer days.
I love chocolate and coconut so much – this is absolutely a match made in heaven, flavors-wise. The coconut combines perfectly with chocolate, and they both make a delicious combo. These bars are easy to make, and with only a few ingredients (no eggs or ice cream machine) you get a wonderful summer dessert that’s also super additive (so be careful 😉).
Chocolate and Coconut Ice Cream Bars
12 large bars (10 * 3 cm each)
For coconut ice cream:
250 ml. whipping cream, very cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of amaretto
200 grams sweetened condensed milk
100 grams ground coconut
For chocolate coating:
300 grams of dark chocolate
1 tablespoon oil
50 grams of melted white chocolate
Coconut ice cream:
- In a mixer bowl whip cream, vanilla and amaretto until you get a very firm whipped cream.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and gently fold until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the silicon pan and straighten the top of each dent.
- Freeze for at least 5-6 hours until total stabilization.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over double steam pot. Add oil and stir well.
- Remove the ice cream bars from the pan.
- Quickly and gently dip the frozen ice cream bars in the melted chocolate and place it on top of a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Freeze for about an hour for total stabilization.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave or over double steam pot.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a small piping bag and drizzle thin strips at the top of the ice cream bars.
- Serve frozen.
- Keep the bars in a closed container in the freezer for up to one month.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk or white chocolate for coating.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.