I love soft rolls, and these ones are great because of the added beetroot into the dough, which makes it pink.
These beetroot rolls are fluffy, airy and very easy to make – a great idea for hosting a brunch or a dinner party.
Cheese Beetroot Rolls
Servings 12 beetroot rolls
- 500 grams (3 ½ cups) flour
- 6 grams (2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 10 grams (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 15 ml. (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 240 ml. (1 cup) lukewarm water
- 6 grams (1 tsp.) salt
- 100 grams (about 1 medium) beetroot grated beets
- 75 grams grated parmesan cheese optional
- 1 large beaten egg for brushing
- 3-4 tbsp. whole oatmeal for decoration
Put flour, yeast, sugar, oil, water, salt, beet and parmesan in you electric mixer bowl and kneed for about 10-12 minutes, until a smooth dough forms.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, forming a round shape. Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl, cover and let rise for about an hour at room temperature or until the dough doubles in volume.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into 12-15 pieces.
Roll each piece of dough into a round shape and place on an oven pan lined with baking paper.
Using a sharp small knife, create a small incision at the top of the rolls. Cover and let rise for 40-50 minutes or until rolls almost doubled their volume.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
Brush the buns with some eggwash and sprinkle some oats for decoration.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and completely baked.
Cool and serve at room temperature.
- Instead of parmesan cheese you can use any other cheese you like.
- You can add nuts, rolls or seeds to the dough.