Chocolate chip cookies have endless possibilities to how you can make them and things you can add into the cookie dough, so every time you make it you can get a different kind of cookie.
These cashew cookies also contain chocolate chips and coconut chips, and are definitely a favorite for adults. I use milk chocolate, but you can use dark or white chocolate according to your personal taste.
Cashew Cookies with Coconut and Chocolate
For the cookies:
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 50 grams (2 heaping tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) whole oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 100 grams whole cashews
- 100 grams large coconut chips
- 150 grams milk chocolate coarsely chopped
In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter, white sugar, brown sugar and salt until you get a creamy, airy and soft batter.
Clean the rim of the bowl with a spatula and add an egg. Continue to mix at medium-high speed until incorporated.
Add flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed until the mixture is almost smooth.
Add nuts, coconut and chocolate milk and mix until they are assimilated into the mixture.
Using a spoon take pieces of dough and roll into balls the size of a walnut.
Place the cookies spaced on a baking oven lined with baking paper and gently flatten the top.
Preheat oven 175c degrees.
Bake for about 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- You can use any kind of chocolate you like.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can use any other nut you like instead of cashews.