When I have lots of carrots in the fridge and I know we’re not going to eat them all soon, I immediately make a carrot cake. This is one of my favorite bundt cakes, which spreads one of the most delicious aromas all around the house while baking, and is really easy to prepare.
Carrot cake is exactly the kind of cakes that is prepared in one bowl, and it is made with available ingredients I always have in my kitchen. This next carrot cake has a great soft texture, moist and fragrant, dotted with chopped walnuts for added crunch. It’s so easy to make it and simply one of the best carrot cake recipes you could make!
Carrot Cake with Walnuts
For the cake:
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 40 grams (4 tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 180 ml. (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 300 grams (3 large units) grated carrots
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) walnuts coarsely chopped
- Sugar powder
Preheat oven 165c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl beat eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract and lemon zest until blended.
Add the oil in a thin stream, and continue to beat until a smooth batter forms.
Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, and fold with a spatula until the mixture is almost smooth. Add the carrots and chopped nuts and fold just until blended.
Pour into the pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Let cake cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- Cake is best served at room temperature.
- You can freeze the cake, wrapped well, for up to two weeks.
- Instead of walnuts you can use any other nut you like.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.