I only got familiar with caramelized white chocolate over the past few years. It’s definitely one of the most unique baking ingredients and you can make tons of new and exciting desserts with it. Just like these caramelized white chocolate cookies, which are simply divine.
These cookies are super buttery and rich, with addition of pistachio and dried blueberries. They are very easy to make and resemble a bit to the Levain’s bakery’s famous addictive cookies in NYC.
The pistachios add crunch, the blueberries add some fruitiness and the caramelized white chocolate gives these cookies a unique flavor that is simply addictive. You just have to try these!
Caramelized White Chocolate Cookies with Pistachios and Blueberries
For the cookies:
- 200 grams of soft butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 315 grams of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 250 grams caramelized white chocolate
- 100 grams of dried blueberries
- 100 grams roasted pistachios coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius degrees.
In a mixer bowl with paddle attachment place butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, vanilla and salt and whip at high speed until a uniform and soft creamy mixture is obtained.
Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and add the eggs one at a time, mixing between addition until incorporated into the mixture.
Add flour and baking soda and mix until chunky dough is formed.
Chop the chocolate and pistachios coarsely and add to the dough along with the dried blueberries. Mix only until evenly dispersed in the mixture.
Using a large ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons, make large cookies out of the dough and place them at intervals on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes until golden and set at the edges, but still slightly tender.
Serve fresh and warm.
- The cookies are at their best when fresh and warm, but are kept sealed for up to a week. It is recommended to warm them slightly before serving.
- Caramelized white chocolate can be made at home or store-bought.
- Instead of pistachios you can use any kind of nuts you like in the same amount.
- Instead of dried blueberries you can use dried raspberries, cranberries or even chopped dried apricots.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.