A full cookie jar is a “must” in our kitchen. It is always full with at least one type of cookie, usually a kind of butter cookie, for the ultimate snack to side morning or afternoon coffee.
These butter pecan cookies are packed with pecans and are extremely addictive. The pecans add rich flavor and crumbly melt-in-your-mouth texture, and these cookies are so easy to prepare and simply great.
Butter Pecan Cookies
Adapted from Cookies by Martha Stewart with few adjustments.
- 175 grams (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 70 grams (2/3 cup) pecans
- 100 grams (1 stick) cold butter, cut into cubes
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) sugar powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Sugar powder
In a food processor with a steel blade, place flour, pecans, butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until a uniform crumb mixture is obtained.
Add the egg and continue to mix until dough forms.
Cool the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Make small walnut-sized balls of the dough and place them in intervals on a baking pan lined with baking pan.
Using a fork, gently press top of each cookie to create a nice pattern.
Preheat the oven to 170c degrees.
Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- Instead of pecans, you can use any other kind of nuts you like. Originally the cookies are made with almonds.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar at room temperature for up to 10 days.
- Add the sugar powder just before serving for a fresh look.
- It is important not to omit the salt because it balances the sweetness of the cookies.