Good butter cookies are definitely my favorite kind of cookies. They are crisp, rich, buttery and melt in the mouth, and if you add in nuts, it makes them even more delicious.
Here’s a quick and tasty version of classic butter cookies with nuts that are easy to make and so good.
Butter Nut Cookies
175 grams (1 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
75 grams (3/4 cup) nuts (which ever you like)
100 grams (1 stick) cold butter, cut into cubes
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
Sugar powder for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170c degrees, and line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, put flour, nuts, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla and blend into a crumbly mixture.
- Add the egg and continue to blend until large chunks of dough form.
- Make 3-4 cm in diameter balls from the dough and place in intervals in the pan.
- Using a fork, flatten the cookies to create a striped pattern on top.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden and set.
- Cool completely, decorate with powdered sugar and serve.
- Keep the cookies in a sealed jar for up to 10 days at room temperature.
- You can use any nut you like – pecan, hazel, walnut, cashew, etc. according to personal taste.
- If desired, add spices like cinnamon or coffee for added flavor.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.