Homemade Blood Orange Pâte de Fruit that is made with only 4 ingredients, no artificial flavors or food coloring and all-natural tastes. It’s a great nostalgic dessert that kids love and is simply delicious and sweet.
If you like blood oranges – this Pâte de Fruit will become one of your favorites – guaranteed.
Blood Orange Pâte de Fruit
20*20 cm square pan
6 grams NH pectin
35 grams sugar
325 grams blood orange juice (or puree)
300 grams sugar
60 grams glucose
Sugar for coating
- In a small bowl mix pectin and 35 grams of sugar.
- In a medium saucepan heat blood orange juice to 40c degrees.
- Add the pectin mixture gradually, while whisking constantly (in order to avoid lumps in the mixture).
- Continue to cook over high heat while stirring up to a boil.
- Add the remaining sugar and glucose and cook the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches a temperature of 107 degrees. It may take some time after boiling mixture until it reaches 107 degrees, but do not despair – it happens at the end!
- Transfer the mixture the pan and leave to set at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into small squares with a sharp knife and coat in sugar.
- Keep in a sealed box at room temperature. On hot summer days it is best kept in the refrigerator.
- Do not make this recipe if you don’t have a sugar thermometer.
- Instead of blood orange you can use regular orange, tangerine or even grapefruit juice.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.