Homemade Blood Orange Pâte de Fruit that is made with only 4 ingredients, no artificial flavors or food coloring and all-natural tastes. It’s a great nostalgic dessert that kids love and is simply delicious and sweet.
If you like blood oranges – this Pâte de Fruit will become one of your favorites – guaranteed.
Blood Orange Pâte de Fruit
20*20 cm square pan
6 grams NH pectin
35 grams sugar
325 grams blood orange juice (or puree)
300 grams sugar
60 grams glucose
Sugar for coating
- In a small bowl mix pectin and 35 grams of sugar.
- In a medium saucepan heat blood orange juice to 40c degrees.
- Add the pectin mixture gradually, while whisking constantly (in order to avoid lumps in the mixture).
- Continue to cook over high heat while stirring up to a boil.
- Add the remaining sugar and glucose and cook the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches a temperature of 107 degrees. It may take some time after boiling mixture until it reaches 107 degrees, but do not despair – it happens at the end!
- Transfer the mixture the pan and leave to set at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into small squares with a sharp knife and coat in sugar.
- Keep in a sealed box at room temperature. On hot summer days it is best kept in the refrigerator.
- Do not make this recipe if you don’t have a sugar thermometer.
- Instead of blood orange you can use regular orange, tangerine or even grapefruit juice.