There are 3 things I love about muffins:
- It’s so easy to make.
- It’s a great treat between meals.
- Even though it’s sweet – you can call it breakfast!
These peanut butter banana muffins are such a great breakfast treat – it contains banana, peanut butter, maple and cinnamon, and has the greatest smell once baking. All you need is a bowl and a whisk – and you’re on you way to having these so yummy mini muffins.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Maple and Cinnamon
For maple and cinnamon streusel:
- 30 grams almonds coarsely chopped
- 50 grams all-purpose flour
- 20 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 50 grams cold butter cut into cubes
For the muffins:
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 100 grams sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 200 ml. milk
- 50 ml. vegetable oil
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- About 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter in each muffin
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
Maple and cinnamon streusel: in medium bowl put almonds, flour, sugar, maple, cinnamon and butter cubes and mix with your hands until crumble form.
Keep the streusel in the refrigerator until baking.
Muffins: in a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
Add milk, oil, eggs and mashed bananas and mix just until blended.
Pour the mixture into a muffin pan lined with paper cups and fill about half the height.
In the center of each muffin, put about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter.
Generously sprinkle streusel on top.
Bake for about 14-18 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool to room temperature and serve.
- Keep the muffins in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.