Looking for an easy sweet breakfast idea? Here’s a great oatmeal banana muffins with crunchy hazelnuts. So delicious, easy to make and perfect as a light breakfast or snack.
Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Hazelnuts
Servings 10 oatmeal banana muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 100 grams (1/3 cup + 2 tbsp.) dark brown sugar
- 45 ml. (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 45 ml. (3 tbsp.) milk or water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 grams (5 tbsp.) whole wheat flour
- 80 grams (3/4 cup) whole oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 175c degrees.
In large bowl put bananas, sugar, oil, milk, egg and vanilla and beat into a smooth mixture.
Add flour, whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt and fold with a spatula just until incorporated.
Add the chopped nuts and fold just until incorporated.
Transfer the mixture into a greased muffin pan and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and serve.
- Instead of hazelnuts you can use chocolate chips.
- You can freeze the muffins in a sealed bag for 7-10 days.
- Keep the muffins in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
- Serve at room temperature.