I simply LOVE energy bites! This is exactly my favorite kind of snack, especially because they are can be made ahead and kept for a long time in the freezer. It’s the ultimate on the go snack I always take with me on long, busy days.
When I met with Ariel a few weeks ago we made these delicious banana energy bites and they turned out absolutely addictive.
These banana energy bites combine dates, pecans and whole oats. It’s so easy to make and can be kept for more than a month in an airtight container in the freezer. I like to eat them straight out of the freezer, which gives them a great popsicle-like texture. It’s the perfect treat before or after working out in the gym.
If you like banana shakes, you’ll love these banana energy bites. So easy to make, made with only a few simple ingredients, and simply delicious.
Banana Energy Bites with Pecans
- 250 grams pitted Madjhul dates
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 grams whole oats
- 20 grams natural peanut butter
- 100 grams roasted pecans
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place dats, banana, oatmeal, peanut butter and pecans and process until a uniform mixture is obtained.
- Roll walnut-sized balls with your hands. If the mixture is too sticky, it is recommended to moisten your hands with some water slightly.
- Keep the energy bites in a closed container in the freezer until serving.
- Keep the balls in a closed container for up to two weeks in the fridge.
- It can be frozen for up to a month.
- Instead of pecans, you can use any other kind of nuts you like.
- Instead of peanut butter you can use tahini.
- If desired, coat the bites with coconut for added flavor.