If you have a few over-ripe bananas on the kitchen table – don’t miss these soft and so delicious chocolate chip banana muffins. It’s super easy to make and makes a great sweet breakfast everyone will just love.
You only need one bowl and a whist to make these muffins, and in just a few minutes of preparation you get a delicious snack even kids can make.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
For the muffins:
- 3 large eggs
- 180 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 200 ml. (1 cup) whipping cream
- 100 ml. (1/2 cup) mik
- 50 ml. (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of a lemon or an orange
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 500 grams (3 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 200 grams dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids chopped
Preheat oven to 180c degrees and lightly grease your pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, cream, milk, oil, vanilla, orange zest and mashed bananas to a smooth batter.
Add flour, baking powder and dark chocolate and stir gently just until the mixture is smooth.
Transfer the batter to the pan.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins at room temperature.
- If you want, you can add a little chocolate liqueur or brandy to the mix.
- You can use milk or white chocolate in the same amount instead of dark chocolate.
- You can add some chopped nuts to the batter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.