Looking for something sweet, easy and so delicious for the weekend? Here’s an idea! These banana chocolate cupcakes are so easy to make and have the most delicious addition of coffee whipped cream. They make the perfect combination of flavors, and banana and chocolate lovers will LOVE them
The cupcakes are super easy to make (you make them in one bowl, no separating eggs needed) and the coffee whipped cream is a breeze. This is definitely one of the easiest desserts you can make, but will make everyone say WOW.
I like to make the cupcakes without the coffee whipped cream topping, keep them in the freezer for up to a month and whenever I have guests – simply thaw them outside. After that – making the cream is quick and I get a wonderful effortless dessert.
For more cupcakes recipes click here >>
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Whipped Cream
For the banana chocolate cupcakes:
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 200 ml. (1 cup) sour cream
- 75 ml. (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 30 grams (3 tbsp.) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 50 grams dark chocolate chips
For coffee cream:
- 500 ml. (2 cups) cold whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar powder
- 1 tsp. instant coffee powder
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate shavings
Banana chocolate cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, salt, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until blended.
Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder and continue to whisk only until the mixture is uniform.
Transfer the mixture into the pan and fill up to 2/3 of each mold.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over each cupcake.
Bake for about 12-18 minutes or until the cupcakes are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely before decoration.
In a bowl of a mixer whip cream, powdered sugar and coffee until you get a very stable cream.
Transfer the whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with a jagged 2 cm piping tip and drizzle over the cupcakes.
Decorate with grated chocolate and cocoa powder and serve.
- Keep the cupcakes in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- You can use milk or white chocolate chips.
- You can add some chopped nuts into the cupcakes batter mix.