As someone who truly loves banana bread, this is the one thing I make regularly whenever I have a few ripe bananas on the kitchen counter. This banana bread with almond cream is so easy to make and topped with the most addictive streusel that melts in your mouth.
It’s buttery, fragrant and so delicious – you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Banana Bread with Almond Cream and Streusel Topping
2 25 cm loaf cake pans
For the banana bread:
3 large eggs
200 grams (1 cup) sugar
100 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
125 ml. (1/2 cup) milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
280 grams (2 cup) all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
For almond cream:
50 grams soft butter
50 grams dark brown sugar
60 ml. (1/4 cup) milk
75 grams almond meal
100 grams all-purpose flour
50 grams chopped almonds
75 grams butter cut into cubes
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 175c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, salt and mashed bananas until blended.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and continue to mix only until blended.
- Pour the batter into the pans.
- Almond cream: in medium bowl, whisk butter, sugar and milk until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add almonds and mix with a spatula until you get a uniform and thick cream.
- Pour almond cream mounds on top of each cake.
- Streusel: In medium bowl mix flour, almonds, cold butter and sugar until crumbly. It is important not knead too much.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the cakes.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.
- You can use any kind of nut you like instead of almonds.
- Keep the banana bread in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 5-6 days, but it is recommended to serve at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.