Banana bread is one of my top favorite pound cakes in the world. Whenever I have a few ripe bananas in my kitchen this is my go-to recipe. Simply mix a few ingredients in a bowl, and you get the most fragrant, soft and delicious cake in the world.
Almond, Chocolate and Cinnamon Banana Bread
2 loaf pans 30 cm in length
150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
100 grams dark brown sugar
150 ml. vegetable oil
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch pf salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
210 grams all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
60 grams almond meal
150 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- In a large bowl put sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mashed bananas and beat well until blended.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, add the ground almonds and chocolate chips, and fold with a spatula into a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the pans and smooth on the top. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- Keep the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- You can also freeze the cake for up to a month.
- Cake is best served at room temperature.
- If you do not like cinnamon – it can be omitted.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.