Italy is definitely one of my favorite places in the world. I’ve visited Italy 4 times, and each time was such a wonderful experience in every single aspect – food, people, scenery and the whole vibe is amazing.
I tasted these cookies in my last visit in the Dolomites and Toscany areas. The cookies are calles Baci di Dama (“the kiss of the lady”), and are made of two golden and buttery almond cookies filled with chocolate (I chose Nutella). It’s simply divine and so easy to make!
Baci di Dama – Italian Almond and Chocolate Cookies
For the cookies:
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cups) whole almonds not roasted
- 150 grams (1 cup + 1 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (1 stick + 1 tbsp.) cold butter cut into cubes
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1/2 jar of Nutella
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a food processor with a steel blade put almonds and flour and process until very finely ground almond flour meal is formed.
Add sugar, butter, vanilla and salt and process until the large clumps of dough form. It is important not to be tempted to add any liquid which may damage the texture of the cookies after baking.
Roll small pieces of the dough into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden set.
Cool completely at room temperature.
Fill each 2 cookies with Nutella and serve.
- Cookies can be prepared with all kinds of nuts - almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios or any other.
- These bacci de dama cookies can be filled in any other spread.
- Keep the bacci di dama cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to a week.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.