If you have few apples in the kitchen and looking for a delicious and easy cake for the weekend – this apple cake is just what you need!
This apple cake is so easy to make, soft and delicious. Serve it warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream – and it’s just the perfect dessert!
Cinnamon and Walnut Apple Cake
2 loaf pans (25 cm in length)
100 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
3 large eggs
200 grams (1 cup) vegetable oil
100 ml. (1/2 cup) sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
350 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
6 granny-smith apples, peeled and dices
75 grams (3/4 cup) finely chopped walnuts
Light brown sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- In a large bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix gently until incorporated.
- Stir in diced apples and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between 2 greased pans and smooth the top. Sprinkle some light brown sugar on top.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool slightly and serve at room temperature.
- Instead of apples you can use pears or peaches.
- Keep the apple cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve at room temperature.
- You can add raisins or nuts of any kind other love.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.