If you have few apples in the kitchen and looking for a delicious and easy cake for the weekend – this apple cake is just what you need!
This apple cake is so easy to make, soft and delicious. Serve it warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream – and it’s just the perfect dessert!
Cinnamon and Walnut Apple Cake
For the apple cake:
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 100 ml. (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 350 grams (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 6 granny-smith apples peeled and dices
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) finely chopped walnuts
- Light brown sugar for coating
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a large bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until mixture is smooth.
Add flour and baking powder and mix gently until incorporated.
Stir in diced apples and walnuts.
Divide the mixture between 2 greased pans and smooth the top. Sprinkle some light brown sugar on top.
Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cakes comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool slightly and serve at room temperature.
- Instead of apples you can use pears or peaches.
- Keep the apple cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve at room temperature. You can add raisins or nuts of any kind other love.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.