Tahini is one of my favorite spreads, and I use it on a daily basis. It’s made of sesame seeds, and has a rich, nutty flavor with luscious texture.
These tahini cookies are the most addictive cookies you can make. It’s so easy to make and such a great treat next to your coffee cup.
Almond Tahini Cookies
Servings 25 tahini cookies
For the tahini cookies:
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 140 grams (1 cup + 2 tbsp.) whole wheat flour
- 70 grams (3/4 cup) almond meal
- 150 grams cold butter cut into cubes
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 200 grams (1 cup) raw tahini paste
- Sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In your food processor put together flour, whole wheat flour, ground almonds, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt and blend together until the mixture gets crumbly.
Add water and tahini and process until dough begins to form.
With your hand create small balls and roll in sesame seeds until coated.
Flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers, and place on baking pan lined with a baking sheet.
Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the tahini cookies in a sealed jar up to 10 days.
- Instead of sesame seeds you can roll the cookies in chopped almonds.
- Tahini paste can be bought in large supermarkets and health stores.