Banana bread is one of my top favorite pound cakes in the world. Whenever I have a few ripe bananas in my kitchen this is my go-to recipe. Simply mix a few ingredients in a bowl, and you get the most fragrant, soft and delicious cake in the world.
Almond, Chocolate and Cinnamon Banana Bread
Servings 2 loaf pans 30 cm in length
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 160 ml. (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch pf salt
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 210 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 60 grams (2/3 cup) almond meal
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a large bowl put sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and mashed bananas and beat well until blended.
Sift in the flour and baking powder, add the ground almonds and chocolate chips, and fold with a spatula into a smooth mixture.
Transfer the batter into the pans and smooth on the top. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool completely and serve at room temperature.
- Keep the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- You can also freeze the cake for up to a month.
- The banana bread is best served at room temperature.
- If you do not like cinnamon – it can be omitted.