Almond cake is one of my favorite cake – its texture is moist, crumbly and so tender, it’s just such a perfect cake! This almond cake combines almond meal and assorted berries, and is a great cake for the weekend or hosting.
Almond Cake with Berries
For the cake:
- 200 grams (1 3/4 stick) butter at room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. amaretto liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams (1 cup) almond meal
- 150 grams mixed berries fresh or frozen
- Sugar powder for serving
Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
In a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment put butter and sugar and mix on high speed for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture is light and creamy.
Add eggs one at a time, while mixing between additions.
Add amaretto and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder, salt and almond meal and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
Spread the berries over the cake and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool at room temperature, sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve.
- The cake is not particularly high and that's fine. If you want a higher cake make it in an 18-20 cm diameter round pan.
- I used frozen berries. It is important not defrost frozen berries before using them; otherwise it can color the batter.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, but you should serve it at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.